I wish I had invented The Elf on the Shelf.
We Love having an Elf. We have a Girl Elf. Her name is Christmas.
I go with all the “Elf Protocol”.
- Christmas Elf arrives Thanksgiving Morning.
- Sometimes she brings little gifts – Legos, chocolates, lipsticks, Advent Calendars.
- She is with us all day and enjoys being a member of this Family.
- Every night she “poofs” back to the North Pole.
- In the morning we rush to find her New Hiding Place.
- She can Never be Touched or she will lose her Magic to Fly to the Pole.
- We have a small stash of Glitter Magic in case she falls and must be rescued.
On Christmas Eve she Hitches a Ride Home with Santa.
Christmas Elf. She’s really something.
I thought the Elf would age herself out. You know, kind of like the natural Progression of Life.
I’m OK with that. It’s even expected.
But here’s the thing…I never dreamed we were making Magical Family Traditions.
And the Crazy Thing about Family Traditions is that they must happen Every Year.
Hmm… Elf Christmas, don’t think about Retiring. You will be with us Always.
That’s a whole lot of Magic!