The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I’m so pleased to have received this award, and it has honestly made me so happy. I’ve worked so hard on making my blog successful, and trust me there is a lot that has gone into this blog. I know plenty of bloggers who have struggled when they first started their blog – some even made use of SEO services (like the ones found at https://go-creative.com.au/marketing/seo/) and you know what to each their own. Whatever way you decide to get your blog up and running is fine, so long as it works for you. Just remember that there is a lot that you need to do though when it comes to starting up a blog. It’s not about writing the posts, but improving things on my different social media platforms, and making sure that I gain followers through them. It’s tough but I’ve managed it. I remember when I first started it seemed nearly impossible, but then my friend suggested using something like this organic instagram growth service to help me, and clearly it’s worked. That’s just for Instagram though, but there are plenty of other things that have helped me with improving my blog and clearly it’s all worked. And I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who’s supported me and followed me, I really appreciate it!
My favorite blogger, Summer Daisy, has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Summer! I first discovered Summer Daisy last Winter – I was enchanted by Summer’s wonderful recipes and her sweet swirling snowflakes that fluttered down the page. Summer is so kind and thoughtful in her posts – she always makes sure to explain any fancy food term to the novices in the crowd. And her food styling makes the food almost jump off the page accompanied by simple, easy recipe instructions. Charming and Fun! Be sure to visit Summer Daisy and her sweet, delectable food charms. Thank you Summer!
I have nominated 10 of my favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award. You are all sweet, kind, endearing, lovely and hard-working bloggers. If you choose to accept, I would be thrilled. If you don’t, I definitely understand – Thanks!
? My 10 nominees are…
- The Moon in Mae
- The Part-Time Mermaid
- Confetti Style
- Hospitality Designs
- Creative Cain Cabin
- A Helicopter Mom
- Jest Cafe
- Slightly Coastal
- Old Lake George
- Celebrate Creativity
My Questions from Summer:
1. What is one thing that you enjoy doing that does not include food?
I enjoy spending time with my family – my husband and our two girls. But so much of what we do together involves food – creating menus, buying food, cooking food, going out to eat, cleaning up after eating…and on and on. We travel a lot together as a family, but food usually plays a big part in that too 🙂
2. What is your favourite colour?
Blue – all shades, hues, values, intensities.
3. What is your favourite time of day- (morning/evening)?
Morning…hands down, morning has always been my favorite.
4. What are the top five places on your travel bucket list?
France, Italy, Cuba, Scotland, Africa. However, more important than the destination is that I would love to stay in a place for an extended period of time and live like the locals…that would be ideal.
5. Which meal time is your favourite- breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Breakfast is my favorite – coffee, toast, oatmeal and the newspaper.
6. What does your ideal weekend look like?
An ideal weekend would be 3-days when we can take a trip to anywhere to “get out of Dodge”.
7. What do you like most about blogging?
I love seeing my thoughts and photographs come together to tell a story that touches a reader’s heart.
8. Which season of the year is your favourite (spring, summer, autumn, winter)?
Summer, probably. But each season has its special charms.
9. What is one thing about yourself that you love?
I love that I still have a child’s heart – full of wonder and joy with a spark to learn and create and to love.
10. What inspires your writing?
My children, my husband and our crazy life together.
My Questions for My Nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What makes you smile?
- What is one of your hidden talents?
- Who is a hero in your life?
- Friday Night – Eat at Home or Go Out?
- What is one of your hopes for the future?
- Are you Tech savvy?
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- Are you a structure or go with the flow person…or a little of both?
- What inspires your writing?
The Rules Of The Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.