The Best Yard Sale You Need to Have…Now!
Remember the Focus of the Sale is to De-Clutter the House.
Simple Sale nets Simplified House.
Now is the perfect time for a Mid-Summer De-Clutter the House Sale.
Start Saturday Morning. 7AM. Before the Heat Sets In.
Catch the shoppers who are not away on vacation.
End by Noon. Donate the Leftovers.
After many trials and tribulations, we hit on Sure-Win Rules for the Perfectly Simple Yard Sale.
Maybe You hit on these too…
10 Simple “Rules” for a Simple Yard Sale…
- The Goal is to de-clutter the house, the garage, the shed.
- Once the stuff is Out of the house, garage and shed, it’s Out.
- Start the Yard Sale Early and End Early. Serious shoppers are early birds – catch the early Saturday shoppers and be done by Noon.
- Big pieces, prominently displayed bring in the crowds.
- Tools tend to sell amazingly well. Stuffed animals might not sell straight away, but they are great for giveaways. Antiques are good too. Office furniture is also likely to go pretty quickly. Just be sure to invest in some storage boxes in a variety of sizes so that you can store anything that you cannot possibly throw away safely while decluttering.
- Display stuff on tables. Hang clothes on racks. Make browsing easy. Make the displays fanciful and fun.
- Serve refreshments. Coffee, Tea, Lemonade. Cookies. Shoppers will graze and gaze and stay. The sale becomes a party. 🙂
- Be ready to negotiate down – remember the goal…Rule #1….de-clutter the house, garage, shed…not make a windfall.
- Give stuff away. Everyone loves a bargain.
- Unsold stuff is donated. Remember Rule #2 – once the stuff is out, it doesn’t go back in. It’s Out and Stays Out, unless I put it in self storage to keep for a later date!
In our latest Mini-Yard Sale, everything was priced at $1. Actually, that wasn’t the best plan because we often had to negotiate down from that…but we (the girls) netted $17 which was enough to purchase 2 Wizard 101 videogames.
And the Butler’s Pantry has new space and breathing room.
Sorry you missed the Sale…a Coach bag for $1.
How about a model sailing ship for $1.
An Antique Chandelier (from Chicago) newly wired for $1…
Or the Night Before Christmas Dish Set and serving pieces for $1.
Wait a minute…am I nuts? I love these dishes.
Oh, that’s right…Rule #1. De-clutter.
Sorry Santa. Glad you found a new Home…
We have Success! And Magic!